“It is no longer a question of whether an attack will take place, but really, when is an attack going to take place in Singapore and we have to be prepared for that.” – Mr K Shanmugam, Minister for Home Affairs and Minister For Law
“Acts of terror can come like a bolt from the blue” – Mr Desmond Lee, Senior Minister of State, Ministry of Home Affairs & Ministry of National Development
According to the latest Global Terrorism Index (GTI) results published in 2015, terrorist activity increased by 80 per cent in 2014 to its highest level. This translates to 32,685 terrorism related deaths in 2014, a significant increase from 18,111 in 2013.
Today, not only are terrorism activities increasing at an alarming rate, the methods in which the attacks are carried out are equally shocking. The driving of a 19 tonne cargo truck into a crowd in Nice, France killing 85 people and injuring 300 more is one such example. The recent grenade attack in Kuala Lumpur and bombings at Bangkok’s Erawan Shrine, Hua Hin and Phuket are reminders that terrorist threats are not far from our home too.
That is why Leacov’s multidisciplinary approach examines security from numerous angles to mitigate risks. We believe that there is no “one size fits all” when it comes to security and every building, area, compound or home require highly customised security solutions.
Leacov uses a globally recognised risk-based approach of Threat, Vulnerability and Risk Assessment (TVRA) to protect your organisation critical infrastructure and assets. It involves a comprehensive evaluation your organisation security framework including:
- Identifying critical areas’ vulnerabilities;
- Emergency planning;
- Business continuity planning;
- Assessing current policies, procedures and practices;
- Terror and crime prevention;
- Perimeter protection;
- Facility access control;
- Security training.
- Optimum deployment of security personnel:
Our solutions may include but are not limited to the following:
- Security procedural reviews and changes;
- Access control solutions;
- Periodic security assessments and audits;
- Personnel training at all levels for Security Workforce Skills Qualification (WSQ) courses
- Personnel training at all levels for non-WSQ courses/workshops (Security & Counter Surveillance Techniques, Non Firearm Attacks Prevention & Emergency Planning, Firearm Attacks Prevention & Emergency Planning, Bomb Threat Table-top Exercise, Explosive Detection & Business Continuity Planning);
- Physical and/or landscaping barriers;
With Leacov’s comprehensive TVRA methodology and expert security consultants, you can rest assure that your organisation, infrastructure and your staff are fully prepared for physical security risks such as terrorism, workplace violence, corporate espionage, and theft.